We’re home! After 6 weeks of non-stop travel, we are glad to be back. Thank you for your prayers for us as we traveled. I am happy to report that we drove from San Cristobal toColorado,then California and back again (around 7,500 miles) with no major incidents! But I have to admit that we’re all pretty tired of being in the car.
December was crazy and wonderful, visiting family and friends and celebrating Jesus’ birth. We went through Mexico City on our way North. Our appointment with the Embassy went well, and in just a couple of hours we had proof in hand that Brennah has dual citizenship. The following weeks were full of family get-togethers, Christmas parties, and visits with friends (though we only got to see about half of the friends we wanted to see)! My parents took us with them on their vacation to California and we had SUCH a great time! On Jan 3rd we had Brennah’s dedication at our church in Aurora . The next thing we knew, we were packing up and heading South again. On our way back to Mexico , Steven Curry (from the GE team back in August) met us in Dallas and has been driving our second vehicle down right behind us. This has already been a HUGE blessing on so many levels. It means I only had to drive from Pueblo , CO to Dallas , TX . Plus, our two new puppies (Mocha and Cocoa … more gifts from my parents) are in the 2nd truck and my allergies can’t handle them in such close quarters! Steven is part of another GE team that will be attending language school and helping us with mission work for a month. The rest of the team arrives this Saturday (Jan 23rd).
As we are starting a new year (hard to believe it’s 2010) we thought we’d give you the highlights of 2009.
- Ch’ol audio New Testament was completed and presented to 18 pastors and leaders in the Ch’ol community
- San Fernando construction for the Chiapas ministries mission complex. Stage one is complete; including the driveway, and the beginning of the main house foundation.
- We hosted 4 short-term mission teams
- Our third daughter, Brennah Leigh, was born on Oct 29th in our home in San Cristobal . Cloe turned 4 in Feb and Gabi turned 2 in Aug.
- We are only a couple books away from finishing the audio New Testament in Zoque
- Audio and printed evangelistic tract was produced in Spanish, Zoque and Ch’ol
- A study of the Gospel of John was produced in Spanish, Zoque and Ch’ol
- Nathan made a solo trip to the US border to pick up supplies
- 47 new water filters were installed with the PWP in village homes during 8 of the village trips.
- 9 trips to the jungle (one of these was Julie’s first jungle visit)
- Construction on our home addition began, one room is almost finished.
Thank you for your prayers and support in 2009. We could not have done everything listed above without your help.
May God bless you in 2010 in ways you cannot even imagine!
With love and gratefulness, Julie (for Nathan, Cloe, Gabi and Brennah too!)